1. DUAL CITIZENSHIP
In accordance with the Citizenship Act of 2002 (Act 591),Ghanaians who have acquired US Citizenship, are eligible to apply for dual citizenship.
Applicants are required to complete a Dual Nationality Application Form at a cost of $250. The Form has to be fully completed before submission to the Embassy and onward transmission to the Ministry of Interior in Accra.
A completed application is to be accompanied by:
- A photocopy of your U.S.A Naturalization Certificate/U.S passport
- Six passport size photographs
- Evidence of Ghanaian Nationality (Parent’s nationality – photocopy of passport or Birth Certificate / Birth certificate / Voter’s ID card / Ghanaian Passport)
- Contact telephone numbers
- Names and address of two relatives residing in Ghana
- Photocopy of the receipt issued when the application form was purchased
Application forms can be obtained from the Embassy in Washington D.C., and the Ghana’s Permanent Mission to the United Nations in New York.
Prospective applicants who live outside the locations indicated above and wish to purchase the form can send money order of $250.00 per form to the Embassy with a note requesting for the Dual Nationality Application Form. Include a self address and traceable return envelope.
On acquiring the dual citizenship, a holder will be entitled to apply for Ghanaian passport in addition to their US passport.
A holder of dual citizenship will be permitted to remain in Ghana without limitation if the person entered the country on a Ghana passport.
It is an offence however, for a dual citizenship holder to use two passports interchangeably to deceive an immigration officer.
Money order, Cashier’s check or Certified bank check made payable to the Embassy of Ghana.
Note: Personal and company checks are not accepted.
Cash payments: Please do not mail cash.
NOTE: Fees for Dual Citizenship processing are non-refundable
2. Renunciation of Ghanaian Citizenship
·Completed renunciation application form sold at $400.
· Application Letter addressed to the Interior Minister in Ghana through the Embassy (the letter should indicate reasons why applicant wants to renounce his/her Ghanaian citizenship).
· Copies of applicant’s US Passport or assurance letter from the relevant US authorities.
· Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including the names and addresses of parents or any relations living in Ghana.
· Photocopy of relevant pages of applicant’s Ghana passport and dual citizenship certificate where applicable.
· Six (6) passport size photographs.
Note: Please note that the renunciation becomes legal only after the renunciation Certificate has been signed by the Minister responsible for the Interior.
3.CONVEYING DEAD BODY TO GHANA
1. Embalming by US standard method 2. Use of Hermetically sealed casket 3. Use of all wood outer shipping container
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED FOR AUTHENTICATION (FEE $50:00).
All documents submitted should be in triplicate (Original and two photocopies)
1. Certified copy of death certificate
2. Locally issued burial and /or transit permit
3. Embalmers’ (non-contagious) affidavit
4. 2 non-contagious disease letter from local health authority
5. Photocopy of passport 6. Documents mailed should include a self-addressed, trackable and stamped return envelope
1. Certified copy of the death certificate 2. Cremation certificate 3. Hermetically sealed container Embassy of Ghana, 3512 International Drive NW, Washington DC 20008: Phone # (202) 686-4520,